Syrian Investment Agency is established as per Legislative decree Nr.9 of 2007 in line with law Nr.8 of 2007 . It is an independent agency affiliated to prime ministry.
It aims at implementation of national policies and developing investment climate in the Syrian Arab Republic by :
- Setting principles and bases to simplify and facilitate investment related procedures .
- Setting the Investment map and promoting for it locally and abroad .
- Providing information and consultancy for investors and issuing special directories .
- Participation in preparation of investment agreements and memorandums of understanding .
- Following – up projects and monitoring obstacles that face their implementation and impeding them .
- Performing all promotional activities to attract investment by holding seminars and conferences , and organizing meetings and exchanging visits .